Wednesday, August 5, 2009

double your pleasure, double your fun

First there was this:


The Twins from Brazil: Did Nazi doctor Mengele - the Angel of Death - cause twin surge in South American town?

And then there was this:


Doctors baffled by Indian village of over 200 sets of twins

It would be interesting if it turned out Mengele also visited India, although I doubt it. What creeps me out is that the Kodinji water supply might be contaminated -- but as long as the contamination simply provides twins and nothing injurious, I guess I'd be OK with that.

Weird, weird, weird.

UPDATE (HT pursuit agent):


Ghana: seeing double; Research has shown that West Africa has the highest rate of fraternal twinning in the world

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a job for Ezra Lieberman


    You know that Brett Ratner is attached to the remake, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I may have to try to work something like that into the escaped Nazis in South America-tinged story I'm working on for Sopwith Cathy...

    It also makes me wonder about the family that lives here who seems to have at least one set of twins per generation. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having trouble picturing Ratner doing it. Frankly, I'm FAR more intrigued by his DeLorean biopic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a lot of twins in Ghana for some reason as well. Enough for them to make lots of zany Ghana twin comedies. You should read my old myspace blog on them:

    http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=1114345&blogId=317480382

    ReplyDelete
  5. @pursuit agent: the sentence "Her fury is as abundant as her kindness!!!" just totally made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just sad that smartafrican.com is no longer a valid link. I will ask my coworker (who happens to have twin boys, no less) what is his new source of quality DVDs. You have to see the covers along with the taglines, which I typed verbatim...

    And who knew my unscientific study of DVD covers is actually backed up by science?

    ReplyDelete