Thursday, May 8, 2008

i heart digital art

This video is so beautiful it almost takes my breath away. I love the kaleidoscopic quality of the editing, the angular self-possession of the dancer Masako Yasumoto, the elegant black-and-white design, the simplicity of the diffuse overhead lighting, even the almost-cheesy-but-not-quite VFX of the 'water' streaming out from Yasumoto's gestures towards the end of the piece. Man, I love it all. ::sighs happily::

Bear in mind that the music, such as it is, happens to be one of those chiptune disco tracks which might annoy the hell out of you at the very least, and render you temporarily deaf with its prolonged high tones at the very most, but I think it adds a certain Gibsonesque (WiGi?) charm.

Regardless, I love this digital objet, score and all. I luuuuv it. I lurrrrrve it. I may have to get a hotel room with it. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Its been a month since yore last post.
    Wondering when are you gona surprise us... a podcast, a video, photos... a movie...
    By the way, in Mexico an article has been published in the rolling stone's magazine with LP record's art. So many months that I kwew of that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you here again, Javier! My life has been through some major upheavals over the past month, and posting has been the last thing on my mind. Thanks for your support, though, it means a lot to me -- and I just might post something this week after all.

    In the meantime, I've still been putting up links to the brilliant websites I'm viewing -- check out the dark blue box on the right-hand side of the webpage, and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete