Sunday, August 5, 2007

Because I read an insane amount online every day

I can't sleep, so instead I would like to share with you the highlights of my Web surfing from the past several months. Enjoy! And good luck with the resulting migraines/psychotherapy.

Art / Design / Performance

Men With Beards
I laughed! I cried! It was better than "Cats"!

Top 13 Most Expensive Cell Phones
Horrible! Disgusting! They represent all that is wrong with capitalism! Can I have one?

Gramaphone Styled CD Player
Silly yet brilliant.

The Kowal Portable Typewriter and Adding Machine
The best customization of a laptop I've ever seen.


http://www.xaco14.net/files/images/phone13.preview.jpg

girl with phone, looking beatified -- I find this oddly compelling, like a 13th-century Madonna Minus Child painting.

my friend Sarah Goff saw beautiful things in Italy
Really. She did.

"Thriller" as performed by inmates of the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation center
Alarmingly terrific.

phenomenal artist Stella Im Hultberg
Oh my.

Damn Interesting: Tesla's Tower of Power
Tesla, how I love you so, especially as portrayed by David Bowie, ahem.

Harry Grant Dart: Picturesque America
The retrofuture of Times Square.

Stephane Halleux
So incredibly inventive, my goodness.

Royal de Luxe
The greatest macropuppeteers ever.

Love Letter to Condi
Incredibly tender ode to the lady.


PopCult

S.A.M, the Sesame Street Robot (video)
A terrific recap of freaky children's programming.

Glazastik. The New Internet Hero
This has a late-90s-Internet hokey delight to it.

The Checkered Career of the Wooden Honey Stick
Very diverting.


Food

Watermelon-Flavored Sigmund Freud Head Pops
I mean, why not?


Wacky News

A Man Flies 193 Miles in Lawn Chair
Just because you can doesn't mean you should, but I applaud his gumption and moxie at any rate.

A Gate-Crasher's Change of Heart
The most civilized talking-down of a criminal I've ever heard of.


Philosophy

If You Don't Have the Balls to Be Hated, Then You Don't Deserve to Be Loved
Amen, Violent Acres. Amen.

Sicko inspires grassroots action in Dallas cinema
I love that film can still spur people to action, it gives me hope yet for the future of humanity.

AlterNet: Neocons on a Cruise: What Conservatives Say When They Think We Aren't Listening
Remember what I said about having hope for humanity? Gone.

Kids in Guinea study under airport lamps
Oh, lookee! My hope for humanity just came back!

IBM Guidelines Govern Virtual Employees
And it's gone again. Fcking outrageous.


Health

Picking the Right Hospital Can Save Your Life
Sigh. Definitely need to think about this.


Miscellany

Pirates Knocked Up Shrek
Unintended or not, I still love this.

Strip Polka!
Life simply does not get any better than this.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS-tWAUQa4Q" target="new">Web zen: illusion zen

LSD not necessary.

XKCD: Chesscoaster
Thank goodness for XKCD. He is fabulous.

Ze Frank's History o' Underwear
Oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment